"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." -- An ancient Chinese belief


"While I slept, my heart kept vigil."

"Today I kissed an angel, I knew it from the start; The first time our eyes met, I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel, This angel child of mine; Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel, My heart is dancing wild; A family by a miracle, Blessed by this angel child."



Saturday, July 24, 2010

Care package sent to Charlotte while we wait

In advance of our arrival, we sent a care package to Charlotte and the orphanage staff using a wonderful service provided by Ann at Red Thread China. Ann runs a service to help families send care packages to their children while they wait for travel. For more information about Red Thread China, please visit www.redthreadchina.com.

In our care package to Charlotte, we included tea and cookies for the staff and nannies that care for her, a security blanket, and a beautiful little dress. We also sent a camera and asked the staff to take photos of Charlotte. Ann also translated a letter we wrote to the director.

Ann sent us these photos of our package before she sent it on its way to our beautiful baby girl. Only 18 more sleeps before we board the plane to our destiny.



2 comments:

  1. LOL! What a great number of posts you've put together in a short amount of time! You'll be so thankful you did as you look back later.

    Ann is the best! So happy you were able to send this package to Charlotte. How fun it will be to get the pictures back and see more of your precious love before you met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first blog I have ever looked at - how exciting to see photos of the events as they are happening daily. Debbie - hang in there, you will ALL be home soon. Sandra

    ReplyDelete