"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." -- An ancient Chinese belief


"While I slept, my heart kept vigil."

"Today I kissed an angel, I knew it from the start; The first time our eyes met, I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel, This angel child of mine; Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel, My heart is dancing wild; A family by a miracle, Blessed by this angel child."



Friday, August 20, 2010

Tour of Embroidery Institute

Today’s tour was to be a full day; however, it was cut short because of the rain. We decided to go to the embroidery museum first in the hopes that the rain would stop. We enjoyed a tour of the Embroidery Institute where we saw skilled embroiderers at work. Most pieces are embroidered by one person—it can take 10 months working 8 hours per day five days a week to finish a piece. Some larger items can take a team of 20 people 8 hours a day five days a week for 6 months to complete. Their specialty is lions and tigers. We likely spent more time there than our guide had anticipated; however, I think the staff were really glad we did, as our group purchased a number of items. We purchased hand-embroidered handkerchiefs as mementos of the province that Charlotte was born.

Food in Changsha is known to be spicy, as are their girls, so we’re told.

We then travelled to the university. At this point, it was raining quite heavily, so we decided to return to the hotel.

Once we were settled back at the hotel, we met with Thomas to complete part 2 of the Canadian Citizenship application. I can hardly wait for all the paperwork to be completed. At this point, I’m just doing what I am told. Thomas is a great guide and well-experienced in these processes. I feel totally comfortable knowing that he is looking after all the small details. For so long, that was my job and it was a little overwhelming at times.

Tonight we must pack and prepare for our return trip to Beijing tomorrow. We’re not looking forward to taking the babies on the plane, as they’ve never been on one. Since the babies have become part of our families, they have certainly experienced a lot of firsts. I’m sure they are overwhelmed as well. We’re enjoying our travels but are very anxious to return home with our beautiful daughter.







No comments:

Post a Comment